As a pastor’s wife, Sunday lunch is the thing of nightmares. Saturday nights are crazy so you have no desire to meal prep then. Sunday mornings are INSANE so… Sunday lunch leans towards peanut butter and jelly.
We recently decided to try Zaycon Fresh‘s beef roasts. (They sell them in bulk orders of 24 lbs. It is an investment upfront but it’s an easy way to stock your freezer.) I decided to use my Instant Pot and make Roast and veggies for Sunday lunch so we could check the quality of our beef purchase. Let’s just say that Zaycon Fresh’s roasts did NOT disappoint. It had minimal fat and, overall, a gorgeous cut of meat. Since I wouldn’t be home to SLAVE over this roast, I turned to my Instant Pot. (If you haven’t tried an Instant Pot, it is worth every penny. Fork tender meats in hours less time than with a Crockpot.)
(This post may contain affiliate links. Clicking on these links support this site without any additional cost to you.)
Instant Pot Roast Beef and Veggies:
1 lb of potatoes, chopped
16 oz bag of baby carrots
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cups beef broth
1 Tbsp minced garlic (or more… to your taste)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Worcestshire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp EVOO
1. Turn your Instant Pot to the Sauté setting.
2. When the display reads “HOT,” pour EVOO in bottom of Instant Pot.
3. Place roast in the hot EVOO and brown each side of the roast.
4. Remove roast from Instant Pot and sit to the side.
5. While Instant Pot is still hot, pour beef broth in bottom of Instant Pot and deglaze it. All those crusty remainders just enhance the flavor of your roast and veggies.
6. Once Instant Pot is deglazed, place roast inside and then all of the chopped veggies.
7. Set your Instant Pot to MANUAL and 90 minutes.
8. All the roast and veggies to pressure cook for the full 90 minutes and then NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE for another 90 minutes.
9. Open the top and enjoy!