Last week, I showed you the start of our kitchen cabinet project. Namely, we began sanding off the original khaki paint (from 1997) and all our many coats of all-in-one primer and white paint. I think we also all agreed that we don’t have a clue what we are doing. 🙂
This week, I’ll show you what happens when I cave to my hubby’s desires. He has been strongly hinting that we should try stripping the cabinets in an effort to shorten this project’s timeline. I’ve resisted thus far because I didn’t want to spend the extra money. Well, I finally caved and we bought a small container of “eco-friendly” (READ: not as effective because there’s no smell and we all KNOW that, if it doesn’t smell, it’s not actually working…) stripper. Even with the additional wait time (remember, it has no smell), it was a tad quicker than sanding the cabinet doors. So, my hubby decided that perhaps we should buy the smelly (READ: cancer causing but effective!) stripper. We did and he started his project. Here are some pics of his work.
He made very good progress in the short time that we had available that day. We’re very pleased with the smelly stripper and will be finishing the stripping through that method.
If you’d like to see the other parts to this series of blogs, here are the linkies: