As we approach the end of 2016, I’m evaluating my personal goals for 2017. At the top of those goals, I desire a healthier version of myself.
I’ve compiled a list of my favorite weight loss aids and thought it might be helpful to you as well.
- A scale. This is my trusty bathroom scale. My only regret is that it only measures in 1/2 lb increments. My advice is find a digital version that measures to the 1/10 of a lb.
- A body fat caliper and measuring tape. Make sure you keep the instructions that come with the body fat caliper because it will help you calculate your body fat percentage. The measuring tape will help give you another non-scale way to assess your weight loss journey.
- A Fitbit. It is easy for me to fool myself into saying, “hey, of course, I’ve been active today!” My Fitbit is an awesome accountability tool. When I haven’t been active, I clearly see that my fitness goals are missing. I can also compete against my other friends who have Fitbits. (Note: This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.)
- A Nutribullet. I love to use my Nutribullet for smoothies and protein shakes. Simply throw your fruits and veggies into the Nutribullet and turn it on. It pulverizes them. (If you are a milkshake fan, a couple frozen bananas and a tablespoon of peanut butter will give you a treat that will make you feel like you are cheating!)
- An Instant Pot. One of the biggest downfalls I’ve found to successful weight loss is take out food. I usually find myself ordering take out when I don’t have a meal waiting for me at home. You can cook whole meals (like roast or chicken breasts) from frozen in a very short amount of time.
- A stainless steel or glass water bottle. I use essential oils in my water each day and it is important not to put essential oils in plastic containers. These essential oils help support my body as it naturally burns fat and it helps flavor my water. The additional flavors in my water help encourage me to drink more water! Also, plastic containers may contain BPA so I recommend a stainless steel or glass water bottle that has ounce/cup markings on the side so you can measure your water intake progress.
- A kitchen scale. I utilize an eating plan similar to Weight Watchers that emphasizes portion sizes. In order to keep myself honest, a kitchen scale will tell me whether I’m actually using only 1 oz of yummy cheese or I’ve used 2 oz.
- Shoes! The best thing to help you lose weight is to MOVE MORE. 🙂 Whether you are just getting started moving and are “housewalking” or if you are starting a C25K program, a good shoe will help support your feet and keep your body healthy. I LOVE my Sauconys.
- Exercise equipment. I like starting my exercising by using no equipment forms of exercise (walking, squats, etc) but I do enjoy other forms of exercise. I have found I LOVE working with a kettlebell (I highly recommend Bob Harper’s kettlebell DVDs), I enjoy Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix program, and I love running.
- Meal Planner. They say, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. I tend to agree with this when it comes to weight loss. I highly recommend planning your meals ahead of time and sticking to that plan.
Are you looking to step up your weight loss game in 2017? We have a 60 and 120 day Challenge starting on January 9th with prizes including $3,000 in cash and an Apple Watch. Email me for more information!